Ocean View Farms & COVID-19
As an essential source of a food supply for many, community gardens REMAIN OPEN during the Safer at Home orders issued by the Mayor of Los Angeles, Eric Garcetti.
Below please find a list of requirements from the Safer at Home orders and changes to regular OVF practices.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times, while at OVF.
- Social distance guidelines (a minimum of 6 feet between individuals not of the same household) must be maintained at all times.
- If you have a fever, cough or feel ill, please do not come to the garden.
- All community workdays; work groups, with the exception of the OVF Donates program; and general meetings are canceled until further notice.
- With the cancellation of the shredding and compost work groups, ALL green waste MUST be taken to one of the dumpsters located in the parking lot, and NOT left at one of the regular green waste collection sites.
- With the cancellation of all work groups, please DO NOT bring any kitchen scraps to add to the OVF compost program, until further notice.
- With the cancellation of all work groups, please DO NOT bring any of your recycle bottles or cans to the garden, until further notice.
- The main driveway gates will be kept locked at all times. Members must open and then lock the gate each time after entering or exiting the property.
- The gates on Grand View Boulevard will be permanently locked until further notice.
- The requirement that each member complete one-half of their required community hours annually by June 30 has been extended to August 30.
- The annual community hour requirement for renewal for 2021 has been reduced to 6 hours per plot.
This page will be updated as new policies are announced or more details become available.
For more information: Contact Us